Using SnapChat? The millennial-focused startup is poised for the big time, is your business ready for it?
Remember when the Facebook demographic was the one all business wanted to reach? Well, Facebook has gone mainstream and the hip, young kids are spending more of their time swapping selfies on SnapChat.
Experienced eCommerce businesses have already dipped their toes in the water, in fact, many are already up to their shorts in SnapChat, so why not jump on the bandwagon? Since its launch, Snapchat has grown tremendously and businesses have used this platform to strengthen their brand’s presence.
Who uses Snapchat?
Typically consumers aged 13 to 25. There are over 30 million Snapchat users and roughly 16.5 million of them are active daily. 77 percent of college students use Snapchat daily, and 73 percent of those stated they would open a snap from a brand familiar to them.
Here are Snapchat marketing tips that will help you make the most of this app.
1. Provide Exclusive Previews. Reward your top fans and your most loyal customers. Whether you’re doing things locally or are slowly gaining prominence in the international scene, you can use Snapchat to share information with an exclusive audience. Offer fans a little preview of what’s to come or a peek at what you’re up to with your brand. You can let fans guess what the video is about through a hashtag. Hashtags are effective in tracking how much your fans are truly engaging with your content.
2. Offer Specialized Content. Snapchat is popular because of its authenticity. As a business owner, you can use this quality to boost ties with the online community and post related content that shows a unique side to your brand. This will let them look forward to checking out your page more often.
3. Provide Promotions and Perks. Online users love giveaways and contests. So if you want to enhance customer loyalty, provide giveaways and promos when launching a new product. Start with a scavenger hunt and use photos to give customers hints and tips. You can also provide promo codes and discounts to create excitement and anticipation. To make the product launch more exciting, announce a giveaway or promotional offer days before the product launching.
4. Address Issues Quickly. Always keep it real. As with any other social network, authenticity and transparency are keys to growing and retaining your audience. So, if customers are asking about an issue, address and clarify concerns or requests right away.
5. Let Fans Do the Talking. Want to engage in a two-way conversation with your community? Let followers participate and engage with you. You can start by letting fans make creative videos on why they love your product. You can also let them send selfies featuring your products.
6. Incorporate Branding in Your Snaps. Build your brand’s voice and tone in a fun way. Connect with your community and keep them updated whenever there are new product launches. You can incorporate interviews with other customers who have been using your products. Your products can have a successful launch when new customers will have an idea what to expect. Don’t forget to include the brand’s signature colors and logo.
7. Offer the Juiciest Scoop. Excited for your next company event? Take advantage of Snapchat’s ephemeral nature and provide your audience an inside scoop during big events or parties. Give attendees the juiciest scoop like company news and other important information. The information will be very valuable to every participant there is. You can send the info in real-time. Offering valuable information will make attendees feel VIP.
9. Provide a Custom Coupon. Send your customers a custom coupon that they can redeem at checkout. This will encourage shoppers to go to your store, shop around and will let them keep coming back for more.
10. Let Influencers Do a Snapchat “takeover”. Need an effective way to draw attention to your message? Let influencers take over your Snapchat account. Set a game plan beforehand and discuss with the influencers on how the activity will go about.
With a billion stories shared each day and over a million global users, Snapchat continuously grows in the social media industry. The best part about using this app is that there’s no timeline. Everyone can see the photos for 24 hours. Now as a business owner, you have the opportunity to test Snapchat’s effectivity.
Do you use any of these tips to talk and engage with your community on Snapchat? What other tips can you share? List them all in the comments below!
Sarinah is a certified procaffinator who works as a full-time Copywriter at Pinnacle Cart. She loves working in eCommerce as she has been tracking the impressive growth of eCommerce selling for many years. Her enthusiasm and pro-eCommerce stance is contagious! During her free time, Sarinah dabbles in other creative pursuits like poetry and photography. She also loves books, 90’s music, travel, and fashion… and coffee, of course!